Time flies when you're having fun... that's the only way to describe the past 4 weeks that I've had during my winter break. It has gone by way too fast and now I sit here trying to organize myself to prepare for the rigorous schedule ahead.
Before I lose all track of time I wanted to do a little blog-a-roo about how I spent my Christmas break. So once Shawn was out of school for Christmas, the boys stayed with me a few days that I was off work. They had wanted to make Christmas cookies, but I remembered we had a gingerbread house kit at the house so I thought how hard could that be. HA! Needless to say I was about 2 seconds away from throwing the whole thing out the window the THIRD time after I iced it and it still fell down. Instead, I stepped back, cursed the gingerbread house and the genius people who came up with the idea counted to 10 and decided we would just make giant gingerbread cookies. This actually turned out better because the boys were free to decorate however they desired and we actually had a lot of fun (Guess this is why I was voted most resourceful in high school).
 |
| Mike & Shawn showing off their decorating skills |
 |
| My creation |
Then Brooke & Meredith came over to join in on the fun of cookie decorating.
One thing I look forward to every year is seeing the children's Christmas play at church. It's great to see all of the hard work they put into it come together with a moving message and it never fails, a few laughs too. This year the play was presented from the view of different Christmas ornaments on one families tree, which I thought was a fantastic idea and refreshing way to tell the story of Christ's birth. Shawn was a baseball player ornament and also sang a duet with our cousin, Paul. He is growing up way too fast and I am one proud aunt.
At the end, the little kids come out and ring bells while they sing Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. As you can imagine, the children risk going blind due to the flash from all of the pictures and video taken during this time.
 |
| Michael REALLY got into it this year |
 |
| So presh! |
I have to add a picture of this one kid who was cracking me up throughout the play. If he didn't have his arms crossed, he had his hat over his face, and then at the end made it VERY apparent that he needed to go potty but refused to get off stage. Kids never fail to entertain.
 |
| Santa has a hard time keeping his attention |
So after the Christmas play my sister and her husband had an Ugly Christmas Sweater party at her house for some people from church. I searched high and low for a sweater with no success, so my friend Meredith and I decided to make a trip to Hobby Lobby and buy supplies to make our own (and her brother's and sister's as well). We had a decent number of people wear Christmas attire, if it were up to me you wouldn't be allowed to attend without some kind of tacky Christmas somewhere, but alas it was not my party. :)
 |
| Nice "funny" pose Drew! |
I do apologize for this being a long post, but hang with me a bit longer... or you can leave if you'd like, but I prefer you stay. :) So on to Christmas day. I will keep it short and just show you some pictures of the boys with their presents from Santa. They were sooooo excited and couldn't wait to go outside to ride, but not before Yaya got a picture of them in their cute outfits of course! (Don't worry, they are used to it by now)
 |
| Rough riders |
 |
| Ridin' Dirty |
So that was how I spent my relaxing Christmas. Did you do anything fun for Christmas?
2 comments:
I stayed for the whole thing.. and enjoyed every bit of it. I would have never thought of giant ginger bread cookies.
Ha ha.... love Mike's face; he looks like he is yawning!
Post a Comment